iSimangaliso Wetland Park Packages
Visit, Explore and Enjoy one of the following iSimangaliso Wetland Park Packages departing from St Lucia South Africa
South Africa's very first world heritage site, iSimangaliso Wetland Park was officially incorporated into the list of World Heritage UNESCO Sites in 1999. With an abundance of wildlife, beauty, and incredible scenery why not visit?
Herewith are some of the most magnificent Big Safari Holiday iSimangaliso Wetland Park Packages available while in the area.
All packages are suitable for clients traveling and wanting to tour from Durban.
iSimangaliso Wetland Park Packages
All of the following iSimangaliso Wetland Park Packages are based in St Lucia. Lake St Lucia is situated on the Southern side of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park and is the most popular area from where to explore and discover this magnificent Park.
Each iSimangaliso Wetland Park Package includes and highlights the very best that the entire has to offer, All packages include 4 Star Accommodation and all tours and safaris are conducted in Open Game Drive Vehicles.
All of our Overnight Packages are absolute value for money and are without a doubt unbeatable.
Park Quick Facts
- The iSimangaliso Wetland Park was previously known as the St Lucia Wetlands Park
- The park was officially incorporated into the list of world heritage sites in 1999
- The iSimangaliso Wetland Park covers a staggering area of 3280 square kilometers
- It is South Africa's third-largest protected area
- The park has the second largest vegetated dunes in the World, seen from St Lucia beach (Mephelane Dune)
- The most important breeding site for all water birds in South Africa
- The big 5 may be encountered if one includes Mkuze Game Reserve
- One may witness Humpback whales of the coast during the winter season (June to end of November)
- One may witness Loggerhead and Leatherback Turtles laying eggs during the summer months (November to end February)
Please note that due to popularity most of the following packages do also include Big 5 Safaris into the oldest proclaimed game reserve, Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park.
iSimangaliso Wetland Park Packages 1-3 Nights
Constrained by Time? Have a look at this splendid Package. Visit the iSimangaliso Wetland Park by Boat and on Safari. Wonders await.
From R3100 p/person
Marvelous Excursions and Safaris, you will love it. It's merely Magical.
From R5350 p/person
The most popular iSimangaliso Wetland Park Package. Enjoy both the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park and iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
From R7100 p/person
The 3 Packages above are ideal should you be limited with time. By no means are they less popular? All of the above packages do include visits to iSimangaliso Wetland Park as well as the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park.
Journey into the bush and discover the beauty that surrounds us. iSimangaliso Wetland Park offers amazing and spectacular wildlife, scenery, and pristine beaches as far as the eye can see. Enjoy true Zululand Bush Safaris, be it early morning Tours or African Sunset Safaris.
This is true Bush & Beach Adventures.
iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park covers an area of 239,566 hectares and is the third largest protected area in South Africa. The park comprises of natural wetlands and coastal parks, of which Mkuze Game Reserve is also part of. It is also made up of 3,280 km2 of natural ecosystems.
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park is also the most important breeding area for all waterbirds in South Africa and holds on average 20 000 waterbird species.
- The most southern point for nesting of the endangered Leatherback and Loggerhead Turtles in South Africa.
- The park also boasts the largest population of free-roaming Hippos and Nile Crocodiles in South Africa.
- Unfortunately, the iSimangaliso Wetland Park is not a Big 5 Park, no Lions are to be found within the park, however, may be seen in the Mkuze Game Reserve which is also part of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- The Estuary is one of the largest in Africa and is by far the most popular for any visitors to the area.
- While in St Lucia you may come across Hippos wandering the streets in search of grass, don't be alarmed this happens regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a wildlife enthusiast then absolutely yes. The iSimangaliso Wetland Park has numerous species of wildlife and includes the likes of the African Big 5, (no Lions), Humpback Whales, Leatherback, and Loggerhead Turtles. Home to the largest free-roaming Hippo population in South Africa and an abundance of bird species.
If you would like to experience the Park at its best with some of the most amazing rangers then we would recommend a package. All packages are conducted in Open Game Drive Safari Vehicles.
The packages have no hidden commissions.
Yes, St Lucia is within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. It is situated between the Eastern and Western Shores of the park and is divided by the St Lucia Estuary.
the iSimangaliso Wetland Park attracts various types of tourists, these include the likes of Birders, Wildlife Enthusiasts, Deep Sea Fisherman, Campers, and the likes.
Your Service Provider, Heritage Tours & Safaris
Heritage Tours & Safaris is based in St Lucia, KZN. Established in 2003 the company to date is the largest privately owned safari tour operator. With years of experience, they will undoubtedly ensure that you have a superb time out in the bush.
All of the above packages do offer a certain amount of flexibility and should you like to add or change any of the excursions please do let the ladies in the office.
All accommodation provided will be at a 4-star Bed & Breakfast in St Lucia. (At Heritage House)
All departures take place from your accommodation while in St Lucia, the company also offers a transfer service to and from Durban should you like.