St Lucia South Africa B&B Options
St Lucia South Africa offers one the complete range of B&B’s. One has a wide variety of choices when deciding the type of style and location of B&B while overnighting in St Lucia, from authentic African styled boma accommodation to 5 star luxury B&B accommodation. St Lucia is located within a world heritage site and falls under iSimangaliso Wetland Park the area was proclaimed as a world heritage site in 1999 by Unesco and ever since the area has fast become a top tourist attraction and with so much to see and do while in the area various new accommodations and B&B’s have opened up.
Previously this small quaint town known primarily as a fishing village offers so much more, witness Hippo’s roaming the streets at night, Leopards stalking on the outskirts of town and here the Bush Baby calls from your B&B at night. Its a tremendous area should you be a nature lover and here is no stopping to what you can witness and experience. Tropical warm climate year round, warm Indian Ocean currents ensure swimming year round and self guided walking trails around the village. Visit the crocodile centre where one can see a variety of Crocodile species accompanied by some Snakes on display as well.
Numerous B&B’s offer help desks so make sure on arrival one gets a map of the area and what to see and do. For a full list of B&B’s please click here
Bed & Breakfasts list :
- Umlilo Bed & Breakfast centrally situated and within walking distance to all restaurants, shops and amenities. This bed and breakfast offers a tropical garden, splendid and comfortable rooms all airconditioned. The bed and breakfast also has a info desk, wifi free for all of its clients and a honesty bar.
- Lidiko Bed & Breakfast, also centrally situated in St Lucia. This bed and breakfast is nicely decorated also with all the rooms airconditioned. Info desk, wifi and curio shop.
- Bhangazi Bed & Breakfast situated in hornbill street, this bed and breakfast has it all.
- Zulani Bed & Breakfast, a perfect host June the owner will take absolute care of you, swimming pool, info desk and much more.
- Hornbill Bed & Breakfast, situated in Hornbill street
- Afrikaya Bed & Breakfast, near perfection
Getting to your St Lucia B&B from Durban, travel time is approximately 2,5 hours north bound on the N2 this is a toll road and the road is in a very good condition. Please note that one will take the Mtubatuba turn off and follow the St Lucia sign boards from Mtubatuba travel 28km once you cross the St Lucia Estuary you will come to a circle take the right hand exit as this is the main road in St Lucia. Travel south down the road and one will see various information offices each one has a help desk and maps freely available, not only will the offer advice but should you have a booking with any B&B they will point you in the right direction or call the accommodation and fetch you.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Lucia a friendly and incredible area. For more information on activities and safari outings click here We have also included a link to the world renown Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve for more information click here
St Lucia South Africa B&B