Full-Day Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve Safari
Full-Day Big 5 Safari
R 1250.00 per adult
Departing Daily From St Lucia
Ready to Book simply search for the Date Below and Book Today
- Experience the oldest proclaimed game reserve in Africa
- Home to the African Big 5, Cheetah and Wild Dog
- Sit back and relax the ideal way to enjoy a Safari
- 96000 Hectares to explore
Included & Overview
- Conservation Levies into Park
- Breakfast (continental)
- Refreshments (fruit juice & bottled water)
- Lunch (traditional South African braai, salads)
- Coffee & Tea
All safaris are conducted in Open Game Drive Safari Vehicles with all permits and insurances, each ranger has years experience in the reserve and he or she will undoubtedly make your safari a memorable one.
- Duration: 7/8 Hrs
- Group Size: Max 9 clients
- Departures: Daily
This the most popular safari offers one a real feel of this magnificent game reserve. With its rolling hills, open Savannah grasslands it remains an incredibly scenic reserve and with its incredible history its sure to be an magnificent day for a Safari.
With 96000 hectares to explore we travel within the oldest proclaimed game reserve in Africa. The reserve world re-known for its conservation of Black and White Rhino just to imagine less than 120 years ago less than 100 Rhino’s existed world wide. Today the reserve boasts hundreds of Black Rhino’s and of the largest population of White Rhino’s in the world.
Full Day Safari Itinerary
Its a early start, should you be overnighting in the town of St Lucia then we will pick you up at 5:00 and transfer you to the game reserve free of charge. Alternatively we will meet you at the game reserve gate at 6:00. Your personal guide for the day will give you a introduction to the reserve the animal species that are found within the reserve and the intended area that you will be travelling too.
- 6:00 am Climb aboard our luxurious Open Game Drive Vehicle and you are off to go in-search of the Big 5, Cheetah and Wild Dog to name but just a few of the incredible species found within the reserve.
- 8:00 am Breakfast and piping hot Coffee
- 12:00/1:00 pm Lunch (traditional South African braai)
- 2:30 pm We start heading back to the gate
With memory cards full and friendship’s built we drop you off at the gate or transfer you back to St Lucia.
Wildlife in the Park
1,500 white rhino and 360 black rhino, buffalo, elephant, lion and leopard, blue wildebeest, zebra, giraffe water-buck, nyala, kudu, bush-buck, warthog, cheetah, hyena and 23,000 impala and 300 species of birds have been recorded.
What to bring along on Safari:
Binoculars, Camera with spare batteries if possible, memory cards, light jacket or pull over.
Big 5 Safari Inquiry:
No other words except FANTASTIC can describe the experience we had today. From our early departure it wasn't long til we found all but one of the Big Five. None of it would've been possible without our guide DAVID. There wasn't anything he could not tell us, he was very knowledgeable
What a great day on safari at the Hluhluwe Game Reserve it was amazing, my expectations were well and truly met saw 3 of the big 5 unfortunately the leopard and lions were being very illusive but that's nature. The day package included breakfast and lunch which was very enjoyable and plentiful.